Some drivers of Celerio automatic-manuals flummoxed by lack of clutch pedal.
MUMBAI – Maruti Suzuki launches its Celerio EZ Drive global hatchback at India’s recent Auto Expo with a new-to-market technology that uses manual gears but has no clutch. The car’s automatic manual transmission provides both the comfort of an automatic gearbox and the higher fuel efficiency of a manual at considerably lower cost than a full automatic. Although it is called clutchless, the clutch is there but the clutch pedal is not. The three control movements for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Market Shifting to Automatic Manual Gearboxes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.