GM Holden recently launched Commodore LPG variant.
Australian businesses specializing in repairing and servicing vehicles powered by liquefied petroleum gas are frustrated with government and public disinterest in the fuel. Despite the country’s vast reserves of LPG, consumer demand for LPG-powered vehicles is low and interest in LPG as a green alternative to gasoline is diminishing. Figures from the Victoria Automotive Chamber of Commerce (VACC) show 96,401 private vehicles in Australia were converted to run on LPG in 2008. By ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LPG Proving a Tough Sell in Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.