’14 heavy-duty pickups next in Chrysler stable to get 6.4L Hemi V-8.
CHELSEA, MI – Engine options play a key role in the growth of the Ram brand over the next few years. Chrysler is hoping to gain more heavy-duty-truck customers by adding a third engine to its lineup for the ’14 model year. The Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups now carry the 6.4L Hemi V-8 used in SRT-tuned versions of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Challenger. Whether the auto maker actually is setting the stage for an SRT-tuned Ram product remains to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ram Expands Engine Offerings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.