Eight cameras feed information to driver, stabilize suspension.
TORONTO – Bristling with state-of-the-art technology, the ’14 Mercedes-Benz S-Class stakes its claim to be the best-engineered car in the world without stinting on luxury. Not least among the achievements of Mercedes engineers is the aerodynamic body of the new flagship S550. Its slippery exterior has a 0.24 drag coefficient, one of the lowest ever for a sedan of this size. Only high-performance sports cars have been so streamlined in the past. That and the loss of 200 lbs. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Technology-Laden S-Class Strong on Safety, Comfort" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.