Dow epoxy resin enhances carbon-fiber composites production.
Dow Material Cuts Resin-Transfer Molding Time to 90 Seconds Dow Automotive Systems introduces Voraforce 5300 resin matrix, a material it says makes carbon-fiber composites made via resin-transfer molding suitable for mass production. Voraforce 5300 features extremely low viscosity for fast injection, with high-quality wetting of the fiber pre-form. The formulation is equipped with an internal-release mold package, minimizing external mold-release costs. Besides offering 90-second RTM cycle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Technology Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.