'15 Sonata at its Seoul debut.
PARADISE VALLEY, AZ – The new '15 Hyundai Sonata debuted last week in Seoul with more subdued sheet metal, causing some industry-watchers to wonder if Hyundai is shooting itself in the foot by abandoning the current model's flashier looks. But a top executive says enough buyers now know the brand, so the Sonata doesn't have to wear such an expressive skin. "Five years ago, when our brand opinion and awareness was fairly low, we had to stand up on a table and say, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai: Sonata Doesn't Have to Shout for Attention Anymore" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.