No blueprint for designing passion into vehicle, GM designer Thomas Peters says.
DETROIT – Prominent automotive designers say instilling passion in design is the key to creating successful vehicles, but doing so requires overcoming obstacles and working hand-in-hand with engineers and other product-development personnel. “We want people to have an emotive feeling when they see the car, and depending on where we are when we design it, and what kind of feeling we have, that gets transmitted into the car and the best cars arrive with that character,” Jason ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Passion Key Ingredient to Successful Design, Panel Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.