Land Rover technology “sees through” front of vehicle.
JLR’s Transparent Bonnet Aids Off-Road Maneuverability Jaguar Land Rover develops technology to give drivers a digital vision of the terrain ahead by making the front of the vehicle “virtually” invisible. Cameras located in the vehicle’s grille capture data used to feed a head-up display, effectively creating a see-through view of the terrain through the hood and engine bay from inside the cabin. The system, named Transparent Bonnet by its creators, enables a driver ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Technology Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.