’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
X5 3.0si, X5 4.8i 4-door CUV
3.0L I-6; 4.8L V-8
What’s New for ’07
- The redesigned body is longer, wider and taller than that of the previous generation with improved aerodynamics, a smoother underbody and more interior room.
- The 3.0si’s new, more powerful, 3.0L I-6 produces 16% more horsepower and 5% more torque than the 3.0L engine it replaces.
- A 350-hp, 4.8L V-8 replaces the 315-hp, 4.4L V-8 in the 4.8i variant.
- A 6-speed automatic transmission is standard in both models, replacing the 5-speed unit previously used in combination with the 6-cyl. Engine.
- Both variants feature a redesigned front suspension with the first non-strut-type design in a vehicle since 1961, wider wheel tracks, ventilated rear disc brakes (new on the 6-cyl. model), variable-ratio steering and 4-link rear suspension.
- The standard stability control has been upgraded with brake-fade compensation, brake drying, automatic hill-hold and brake standby that instantly applies full brake pressure at a touch of the pedal in emergency braking situations.
- The 3.0si new comes with 18-in. wheels, while both models have standard run-flat tires.
- A standard tire-pressure monitor replaces the prior flat-tire warning system.
- The redesigned interior features upgraded upholstery, more ergonomic controls and an optional third-row seat.