’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Sport, Grand Touring Mazdaspeed3 4-door wagon; Sport, Grand Touring Mazdaspeed6 4-door sedan
2.3L Turbocharged I-4
What’s New for ’07
- Like its larger sibling, the Mazdaspeed3 is powered by a turbocharged, direct-injection 2.3L I-4 that develops 263hp compared with 270 hp in the “6” and 244 hp in the CX-7 application.
- A 6-speed manual gearbox is the only transmission offered.
- Standard performance features include stability control and an antilock 4-wheel disc brake system that includes larger rotors reinforced calipers, electronic brakeforce distribution and emergency brake assist.
- Special front strut-tower braces and rear suspension-mount reinforcements coupled with larger front and rear sway bars, stiffer springs and a lower ride height contribute to a 60% increase in roll stiffness for improved handling compared with a base Mazda3.
- A computer-controlled limited-slip differential and manages torque application according to throttle opening, transmission gear selection and front wheel angle to minimize torque steer and wheel-spin.
- Wider front fenders accommodate larger tires while side skirts, front wheel-opening spoilers and special underbody panels help improve aerodynamics.
- There are no significant changes to the Mazdaspeed6.