St. Louis, MO
’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
S65 AMG 4-door sedan
5.5L V-8; 5.5L Twin-Turbo V-12;
6.0L Twin-Turbo V-12
What’s New for ’07
- The redesigned series is slightly longer, wider and taller than the prior lineup.
- V-6 and 4.3L V-8 variants have been discontinued.
- The optional 4-Matic all-wheel-drive system is not offered.
- A 5.5L V-8 replaces the 5.0L V-8 in what is now the “entry level” S-Class variant, the S550.
- The S600’s 5.5L twin-turbocharged V-12 now is rated at 610 hp, up from 493 hp. And produces 4% more torque.
- All models come equipped with a new collision-mitigation system that visually and audibly warns of an object in the car’s path and then automatically activates the brake system at 40% of total brake force if the driver does not respond to the warnings.
- A night vision system using a small windshield-mounted camera that produces a more refined picture-like visual image than thermal-imaging systems is optional for the first time.