’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
Cooper, Cooper S 2-door coupe and convertible
1.6L I-4; 1.6L Turbocharged I.-4
M-6, A-6, CVT
What’s New for ’07
- The totally redesigned coupe looks little different from its distinctive predecessor, but incorporates all-new body panels and is some 3 ins. (76-mm) longer than its predecessor.
- A new -designed, locally built, 1.6L I-4 engine, with variable valve timing, develops 118 hp in the naturally aspirated version powering the Mini Cooper coupe. It is rated at 172 hp in the turbocharged version used in the Cooper S.
- Both versions come standard with a 6-speed manual transmission.
- An 6-speed automatic transmission is optional, replacing the continuously variable transmission that was optional on prior coupe variants.
- The redesigned interior has a new, larger center-mounted instrument cluster that now incorporates entertainment- and optional navigation-system displays.
- The convertible continues to be built one final year on the old platform and is powered by Brazil-built 1.6L engines developing 115 hp in naturally aspirated form and 168 hp in turbocharged Cooper S guise.
- The convertibles come with a standard 6-speed manual gearbox; the CVT is optional on the standard variant, while the Cooper S edition offers the new Aisin 6-speed automatic as an option.
- A new convertible option is the “Sidewalk” package featuring unique alloy wheels, special interior trim and English leather sport seats, among other equipment.