’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
2-door, 4-door hatchback
2.0L Turbocharged I-4
What’s New for ’07
- The redesigned model is offered in a 4-door hatchback configuration for the first time, both based on the all-new Rabbit.
- At 101.5 ins. (2,578 mm), the wheelbase is 2.6 ins. (66.0 mm) longer than that of the prior model.
- A unique grille, dark headlamp surrounds and special side sills help distinguish the GTI form the Rabbit.
- As a running change during the course of the year, the optional 6-speed automated manual transmission gets a launch-control feature that allows the engine to rev slightly on takeoff, creating some controlled wheel spin.
- The revised multi-link rear suspension utilizes separate spring and shock mounts to reduce intrusion into the cargo area, while improving ride and handling.
- More-direct steering and reduced body roll are the result of changes to the front suspension design.
- Standard safety features include front side-impact and curtain side airbags.
- The standard audio system includes a 6-disc CD/MP3 player and Sirius satellite radio capability.