’07 Price Range
’06 Price Range
2.5L 2- and 4-door hatchback
What’s New for ’07
- The all-new Golf replacement, reviving the Rabbit name used in North America from the ’74 though ’84 model years, is offered in a single trim level in 2- and 4-door hatchback body styles.
- A 2.5L I-5 engine mated to a standard 5-speed manual or optional 6-speed automatic transmission replaces the 2.0L I-4 and 1.9L I-4 turbodiesel engines used in the Golf.
- The 101.5-in. (2,578-mm) wheelbase, 2.6 ins. (66.0 mm) longer than that of the Golf, provides more interior room, while overall length and width are only marginally greater.
- Among the standard features are traction control and an electro-mechanical steering system that helps compensate for lateral forces, such as crosswinds or road imperfections. Stability control is optional.
- An 8-speaker audio system with a CD/MP3 player and auxiliary input jack is standard in the 2-door, while the 4-door comes with a standard 10-speaker, 6-disc CD/MP3 changer. Sirius satellite radio with a 3-month subscription is optional.
- A tilt/telescope steering column, side-impact and curtain side airbags, 6-way manually adjusted driver seat power windows and door locks, air conditioning and remote keyless entry are standard on both models.
- Heated front seats and windshield washer nozzles are standard on the 4-door.
- The base price of both models is below those of comparable ’06 Golf variants.