Kansas City, MO
’08 Price Range
’07 Price Range
XLS, XLT, Limited, Hybrid 4-door CUV
2.3L I-4; 3.0L V-6; 2.3L I-4/electric motor
M-5, A-4, CVT
What’s New for ’08
- The all-new exterior features a higher beltline, revised hood, grille, front fascia and headlight design along with new taillamps.
- According to , the Escape is the first vehicle to feature 100% recycled plastic seat-fabric material and also features a new in-dash information display, new radio and climate controls, ice-blue lighting on the instrument cluster and dash, as well as a floor-mounted gearshift, revised door panels and redesigned arm rests.
- Electric power steering replaces the prior hydraulic system, helping increase fuel economy.
- Extensive changes made to reduce interior noise include thicker side glass, new windshield laminate, acoustic headliner, thicker carpet, additional sound-deadening insulation and a revised roof panel.
- Non-hybrid variants feature all-new, more durable brakes that reduce dust and noise.
- Curtain side airbags and stability control are standard on all non-hybrids
- The Hybrid features revised software for more seamless operation.