’09 Price Range
’08 Price Range
XL, STX, FX-4, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, standard-cab, SuperCab and SuperCrew 4-door pickup
4.6L V-8; 5.4L V-8
Dearborn, MI; Kansas City, MO
What’s New for ’09
- The redesigned large pickup is powered by one of three V-8 engines: A base 16-valve 4.6L V-8 with the same fuel economy as the 4.2L V-6 it replaces, a 24-valve 4.6L V-8 and a 24-valve 5.4L V-8 with E85 capability.
- A 6-speed automatic transmission is standard with the 24-valve 4.6L and 5.4L engines, while the 16-valve 4.6L V-8 is mated to a 4-speed automatic. The 5-speed manual transmission has been dropped.
- SuperCrew variants have a 6-in. (152-mm) longer cab for increased rear-seat legroom and more cargo storage space, including a rear seat that can be flipped up for storage with one hand.
- Instrument panel controls have larger, easier to use buttons and switches, while USB and MP3 input jacks have been incorporated in the dash, as have two 12-volt outlets, and the optional center console has been lengthened to accommodate storage for two laptop computers.
- CWork Solutions options include an in-dash computer with high-speed internet and print capabilities; Tool Link that maintains an inventory of any tools and equipment having an RF (radio frequency) tag that are stored in the truck and Crew Chief, that allows dispatchers to quickly locate and dispatch workers to a job site.