’09 Price Range
’08 Price Range
WT, SL, SLE, SLT regular-, extended- and crew-cab pickup
4.3L V-6; 4.8L V-8; 5.3L V-8; 6.0L V-8/electric motors; 6.2L V-8
A-5, A-6, CVT
Pontiac, MI; Fort Wayne, IN; Oshawa, ON, Canada
What’s New for ’09
- A new, E85-compatible 6.2L V-8 with variable-valve timing is optional for crew-cab models.
- A new 6-speed automatic transmission on models equipped with the 5.3L, 6.0L, and 6.2L V-8 engines reduces engine “cruising” speed, resulting in improved fuel economy and less interior noise.
- A “2-mode” hybrid variant, which increases city fuel economy by 40% and overall efficiency by 25%, according to GM, and boasts a towing capacity of 6,100 lbs. (2,767 kg) joins the lineup.
- The OnStar system now features optional Bluetooth hands-free cell-phone connectivity, and can download and provide turn-by-turn driving directions on models with the optional navigation system.
- A new, real-time traffic information system is available on models equipped with XM satellite radio.
- A backup-assist camera is available on extended- and crew-cab models.
- New chrome-clad 18- and 20-in. wheels are available on the 1500-Series, while heated and cooled perforated leather seats are available on the Denali edition, along with two new exterior colors.