’09 Price Range
’08 Price Range
FX35, FX50 4-door CUV
3.5L V-6; 5.0L V-8
What’s New for ’09
- .A new 32-valve, DOHC 5.0L V-8 with variable valve timing replaces the prior 4.5L engine, while the 3.5L V-6 carries over from last year; both are mated to a new 7-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, adaptive shift control, downshift rev-matching and optional magnesium paddle shifters.
- †The FX sports a new dark-chrome grille, double-wave stamped hood, revised belt line, rear spoiler, light-emitting diode taillamps, high-intensity-discharge headlights (with an optional self-leveling feature), lightweight aluminum-alloy hood and doors, chrome door handles and window moldings and functional rear side air vents, which reduce front-end lift by up to 5% in high speed driving.
- OAll models feature standard 4-wheel antilock disc brakes, while an emergency assist system, which warns the driver of impending collision and automatically applies the brakes if needed, and a distance control assist feature, which manipulates the throttle and brakes to maintain a safe following distance in city driving, are optional.
- Other safety equipment includes dual-stage front (with passenger weight classification sensor), curtain side, and front seat-mounted side-impact airbags.
- Active rear-wheel steering and an adjustable suspension system with “auto” and “sport” settings are available.