’09 Price Range
’08 Price Range
2.5X, 2.5X Premium, 2.5X Limited, 2.5 XT and 2.5 XT Limited 4-door CUV
2.5L H-4; 2.5L Turbocharged H-4
Ota City, Japan
What’s New for ’09
- FAll-new for ’09, the Forester features a longer wheelbase, increased interior room, improved crash-worthiness, more responsive handling and reduced noise vibration and harshness levels, thanks to an all-new platform, which features a rear double-wishbone suspension and higher torsional rigidity than the platform it replaces.
- ,Forester sports a larger, more aggressive grille, higher hood line, larger contoured front bumper cover with available fog lights and new, larger headlights up front. New fenders, rear quarterpanels, larger rear window, larger door openings and new tail light clusters round out the exterior changes.
- The 2.5L naturally aspirated and turbocharged engines remain, but have been retuned to increase low- and mid-level torque output.
- A hill-start-assist prevents manual transmission variants from rolling backwards while starting on an up-hill incline.
- Standard safety equipment includes a tire-pressure monitoring system, 4-wheel antilock disc brakes, panic-brake assist, traction control, and curtain side airbags with rollover sensor.
- The interior features double-stitched seating surfaces, new front seatbacks, higher-quality plastic surfaces and more head, leg, hip and cargo room than its predecessor; all models are pre-wired for Sirius or XM satellite radio and a touch-screen navigation system is optional.