* Orders Japanese co to produce a 4x4 "rustic" model * Issues wider threat against foreign carmakers By Andrew Cawthorne and Eyanir Chinea CARACAS, Dec 24 (Reuters) - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has threatened to expel Japanese carmaker Toyota unless it produces an all-terrain model of 4x4 vehicles used for public transportation in poor and rural areas. The fiery socialist, in a speech late on Wednesday, also said he would not hesitate to expel and expropriate plants from other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Venezuela's Chavez threatens to expel Toyota carmaker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.