By Giles Elgood KALKAN, Turkey, Oct 31 (Reuters Life!) - Most people come to the southern Turkish resort of Kalkan for sun, sea and some nice restaurants, but if you like motorcycles, there is an added attraction. Local men, mostly those with a bit of grey in their hair, ride around on ancient Russian bikes that are probably at least 30 years old and of a type that we simply don't see in Western Europe. The Planeta III is a sturdy two-stroke, often painted in a dusty baby-blue, that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vintage bikes spice up streets of Turkish resort" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.