SHANGHAI, Feb 28 (Reuters) - German automaker Volkswagen AG said on Friday it aims to sell 600,000 cars in China this year, a 17 percent leap from 2002, underscoring the rapid growth of the world's fastest growing major car market. "That is just a target for us," said Ma Jinhua, a spokeswoman for Volkswagen in Shanghai, quoting a speech delivered on Friday by the automaker's Asia Pacific chief, Bernd Leissner. China's dominant car maker sold 513,000 cars in the country in 2002, a jump of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen aims China sales of 600,000 cars in '03" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642