FRANKFURT, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Germany's Volkswagen aims to overtake Japan's Toyota as the world's number one carmaker by the year 2014 or 2015, the German industry magazine Auto Motor und Sport reported on Saturday. "We want to overtake Toyota in volumes and by profitability," the magazine quoted Michael Kern, head of sales and marketing for the Volkswagen brand, as saying. "In the next three years we are going to bring 12 new models to the market and we are going to expand our presence ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen aims to overtake Toyota by 2015 -report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642