* VW exec says mid-sized crossover 'under discussion' * VW exec sees 'modest' recovery in U.S. auto sales this year By David Bailey DETROIT, May 30 (Reuters) - Automakers are expected to report an increase in U.S. new-car sales of 20 percent to 30 percent in May from a year earlier under a "steady solid recovery" in 2012, Volkswagen Group of America's top executive said on Wednesday. New-car sales started strongly the first part of May for the industry, softened during the middle of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Americas CEO sees May US auto industry sales up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.