FRANKFURT, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Volkswagen will build an extra 2,000 Golf hatchbacks to meet higher than expected demand for the seventh-generation of its flagship compact car, Europe's largest carmaker said on Wednesday. The company is adding three Saturday early shifts to its main Wolfsburg manufacturing plant to ensure it can fill roughly 100,000 orders from Europe, where the Golf is the best-selling car, according to data from market research group JATO. (Reporting by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen to build 2,000 extra Golfs on weekends" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642