HANOVER, Germany, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Volkswagen Chief Executive Martin Winterkorn plans to visit Malaysia in the weeks ahead to discuss striking a deal with state-owned carmaker Proton, a Volkswagen spokesman said on Monday. Winterkorn will meet Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to discuss the framework for Europe's biggest automaker to take a stake in loss-making Proton. An exact date for the meeting was not yet set, the spokesman said, confirming a report in Malasian weekly the Edge. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen CEO to visit Malaysia for Proton talks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.