SHANGHAI, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG plans to produce 330,000 vehicles at one of its two main auto ventures in China this year, up 18 percent from 2002, a top official at the German company's Chinese partner said on Tuesday. Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co Ltd, a 50-50 venture between Volkswagen and China's number two carmaker Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp (SAIC), had just begun producing its new Gol compact sedan, SAIC chairman Chen Xianglin told Reuters. "We plan to push ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen China JV to raise output 18 pct in 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.