FRANKFURT, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's product strategy committee has recommended that the car maker build its compact sports utility vehicle in Portugal from 2007, the German car maker said on Tuesday. The group said that assembling the car in Portugal would cost 1,000 euros ($1,232) less per vehicle than it would have done in Wolfsburg in Germany.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen committee advises to build SUV abroad" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.