FRANKFURT, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen , Europe's largest carmaker, confirmed on Tuesday an earlier Reuters report that it had decided to build the upcoming Golf sport utility vehicle "Marrakesh" in Wolfsburg. "We are pleased that together with the Works Council and IG Metall, we have been able to make the necessary cost reduction of roughly 850 euros ($1,025) per vehicle," Volkswagen Brand Group chief Wolfgang Bernhard said in a statement.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen confirms to build Golf SUV in Wolfsburg" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642