FRANKFURT, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG's management is eyeing the potential acquisition of the Alfa Romeo brand should Fiat SpA consider putting it up for sale, German auto industry newspaper Automobilwoche reported. "Alfa is a globally recognised brand with sporty genes and a great tradition," the paper quoted a "high ranking" VW manager as saying. "If such a treasure could be had, we must not hesitate ... too long." Alfa is repeatedly brought into connection with Volkswagen, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen eyes Fiat's Alfa Romeo brand -newspaper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.