FRANKFURT, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Amid an estimated 25 percent drop in the global car market in January, Volkswagen's vehicle sales fell by only 15 percent, VW's chief executive told the Financial Times. "We have done better than the overall market," Martin Winterkorn was quoted as saying. A proponent of Schaeffler's takeover of three-times larger car parts maker Continental , Winterkorn expressed his concern that the privately held bearings maker could collapse under the weight of its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen global car sales fall 15 pct in Jan -FT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.