FRANKFURT, Nov 19 (reuters) - Volkswagen AG will take over the business of importing its cars to Korea as of early 2005, Europe's biggest carmaker said on Friday. The move comes amid Volkswagen's increasing focus on Asia as a potential sales growth engine given saturated markets in Europe and the United States. Gojin Motor Imports, a unit of Kukdong Oil & Chemical Co Ltd , had been in charge of importing VW vehicles since 1990, VW said in a statement. It will remain a Volkswagen dealer.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen to handle own Korean imports from 2005" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642