SHANGHAI, June 22 (Reuters) - Top European auto maker Volkswagen AG expects sales at its joint venture in Shanghai to rise slightly this year, as new models attract customers. The venture expects to sell more than 300 million vehicles this year, up from 287 million last year, Dieter Seemann, its deputy managing director, said on Thursday. Sales by Shanghai Volkswagen, a tie-up with top Chinese car maker SAIC Motor Corp, slumped nearly a fifth in 2005, as the German firm offered fewer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen hopes new models to up Shanghai jv sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.