HAMBURG, Germany, Nov 27 (Reuters) - Germany's Volkswagen plans to build a new small Audi model at its plant in Brussels in a move that could assuage workers' anger at sweeping job cuts at the factory, a source familiar with matter said on Monday. Audi chief Martin Winterkorn, who becomes VW group chief executive at the end of the year, will discuss this week with Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt how to bridge the gap until the new Audi A1 model starts production in 2009, the source ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen to make new Audi in Brussels -source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.