FRANKFURT, March 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen , Europe's biggest carmaker, met with 24 selected suppliers with the aim of developing methods to improve quality both at both ends of the value chain, it said on Tuesday. In October the company hammered out an agreement with 38 suppliers to cut purchasing costs by hundreds of millions of euros by forming more stable strategic partnerships with a smaller group of suppliers. "We must keep in focus the long-term quality, since this above all ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen meets with suppliers for second time" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.