FRANKFURT, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen overtook Ford in the first half of the year as the world's third-largest carmaker by vehicle sales, VW said in a statement on Thursday, in yet another sign of Detroit's waning influence. "We are delighted that the Volkswagen Group has made it to the global automobile industry's top three for the first time," Chief Executive Martin Winterkorn said in a statement. "This shows that we are on the right track with our ever-stronger international ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen overtakes Ford in car sales in H1" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642