FRANKFURT, June 22 (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen's plans to build a low-budget car specifically for growth markets like China, Brazil and India -- based on the Up! series -- are advancing well, a magazine reported on Wednesday. With the new small car, Europe's largest carmaker aims to target customers who cannot afford to splash out on pricier models, Manager Magazin reported, citing company sources. A spokesman for Volkswagen reiterated plans that the first version of the Up! ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen plans budget UP! car in emerging markets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.