FRANKFURT, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest automaker Volkswagen AG plans to introduce a new luxury model by 2007 to compete against BMW's 5-series and the DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes-Benz E-Class, VW chief Bernd Pischetsrieder said on Saturday. Pischetsrieder told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sontagszeituing in an interview released ahead of publication that the internally-named C1 model will slot in between the Passat and Phaeton models. "There is a gaping price gap between the Passat ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen plans new luxury model for 2007-CEO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.