DETROIT, May 26 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG is recalling 362,000 vehicles in the United States because a brake light switch may malfunction, according to U.S. safety regulators. The vehicles involved are the Jetta sedan from 1999-2002 model years, Jetta III from 1999-2000 model years and the New Beetle from 1998-2002 model year, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said on its Web site on Friday. NHTSA said the brake lights could become inoperative, or remain on if it was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen to recall 362,000 vehicles -- NHTSA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.