FRANKFURT, June 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen recalled 34,000 units of its Passat mid-sized car worldwide due to a potential problem with the clutch, the company said on Wednesday. A spokesman said Passats built between April and May 2005 equipped with 2.0-litre TDI engines and six-gear manual transmissions were affected by the recall. He declined to comment on the financial costs of potentially having to replace the parts, but said that VW was negotiating with suppliers over compensation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen recalls 34,000 Passats worldwide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642