FRANKFURT, April 28 (Reuters) - Europe's largest carmaker Volkswagen AG is recalling 870,000 vehicles worldwide due to problems with their front axle, the company said on Wednesday. The vehicles affected are Passats built between 1996 and 1999, Audi A4 and A8s from 1994 to 1999 and Audi A6s built between 1997 and 1999, the firm said in a statement.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen recalls 870,000 vehicles world-wide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.