FRANKFURT, May 19 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG is redesigning its new Microbus to cast a wider net than the targeted U.S market, Europe's biggest carmaker said on Wednesday, delaying the start of production a year to 2007. "The new approach to the model came about because focusing solely on the U.S. market would have jeopardised the success of the model given the still unfavourable exchange rate and market conditions," VW said in a statement. The revamped design calls for sharing more parts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen revamps Microbus approach, delays start" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.