By Jan Christoph Schwartz HAMBURG, Germany, June 24 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's effort to boost operating profit by squeezing more savings from the manufacturing process drives home the pressure its suppliers face in a sector grown used to pinching pennies. Providers of parts and components must boost productivity every year just to survive the price cuts that carmakers demand. Some struggling firms may end up getting swallowed by rivals, analysts and industry executives said on Friday. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen savings drive turns up heat on suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.