FRANKFURT, March 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen said on Monday that Japan's Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd. would take over its Bordnetze unit which it owns together with German industrial group Siemens . Bordnetze makes on-board electronics and in 2004 generated sales of 441 million euros ($528 million) through the exclusive supply to the German car maker of harness fittings for eletronic wiring.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen says Sumitomo Electric to take over unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.