HAMBURG/STUTTGART, Jan 9 (Reuters) - Volkswagen is looking to end its commercial vehicles partnership with Daimler, as VW seeks closer ties with truck subsidiary MAN, a person familiar with the plans said. Under a collaboration deal that expires in 2016, Daimler currently makes VW's Crafter van, which is largely similar to Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Sprinter model. But VW has started to develop a follow-up model by itself, the source said. "VW's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen to sever van partnership with Daimler-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642