FRANKFURT, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Volkswagen wants German truckmaker MAN to abandon its bid for Swedish rival Scania in favour of a new three-way merger that would include VW's own Brazilian truck operations. "For me, this can't be achieved by a takeover of Scania by MAN. I have rejected the bid and I have no intention whatsoever to change my mind," Volkswagen Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder told the Financial Times. He said in an interview published on Tuesday that even a sweetened ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen wants new 3-way truck deal-CEO in paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.