FRANKFURT, July 29 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's flaship VW Brand Group division boosted first-half operating profit to 169 million euros ($203.9 million) from 33 million, Europe's largest carmaker said on Friday. The group's operating loss in North America widened to 596 million euros from 503 million in the year-earlier period, while its Chinese joint ventures swung to a pro-rata operating loss of 23 million euros from a profit of 251 million.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen's VW Brand Group boosts H1 oper profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.