* Labour opposition sets up potential hurdle * Volvo Cars unions say can't recommend Geely purchase * Need info on capital, management to endorse deal * Ford and Geely seen signing deal in coming days STOCKHOLM, March 25 (Reuters) - Unions at Ford Motor's Volvo Car Corporation on Thursday withheld their backing for a planned acquisition by Zhejiang Geely, setting the stage for a potentially troublesome takeover by the Chinese automaker. Ford and Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Cars unions demand answers as Geely buy looms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.