STOCKHOLM, Oct 27 (Reuters) - The world's second biggest truck maker, Sweden's Volvo , said on Monday it planned to outsource axle production to ArvinMeritor , a supplier of motor vehicle industry modules and components. "A memorandum of understanding has been signed between the two companies. Final agreements are planned to be made during first quarter 2004," Volvo said in a statement but did not give a value for the accord. The deal involves the transfer of 943 jobs from three Volvo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to outsource axles to ArvinMeritor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.