By Brian Love PARIS, Oct 25 (Reuters) - A French magistrate has decided to send Swedish truck maker Volvo to trial over a lethal inferno which killed 39 people in the Mont Blanc tunnel between France and Italy in 1999, Volvo and a lawyer said on Saturday. Volvo chief spokesman Tommy Kohle said his group regarded it as normal that it and all others under investigation ended up in court, on charges of manslaughter in this case, and that Volvo was confident it would be proven not guilty of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo sent to court over Mont Blanc tunnel inferno" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.